Sander van den Broek, M.Sc.
Consultation hours: by appointment
Supervision of student works:
- Project (B.Sc.) & bachelor theses, seminar (M.Sc.) and master theses are welcome by arrangement.
- The analysis of the effect imperfections on the performance of composite structures. The tools used for these analyses include reduced order models and random field imperfections of material and geometry.
- Postbuckling behavior of composite shells
- Effect of imperfections on post-buckling response
- Parameter sensitivity of imperfections
- FULLCOMP - FULLy integrated analysis, design, manufacturing and health-monitoring of COMPosite structures
van den Broek, Sander (2017): Post-buckling behavior of a composite panel with spatially varying stochastic material parameters using Koiter's initial post-buckling method, Eingereicht / Book of Abstracts: 20th International Conference on Composite Structures, Paris, France
van den Broek, Sander (2017): Effect of spatially varying stochastic material properties on the post-buckling behavior of composite panels using a reduced order model , Eingereicht / Book of Abstracts: 6th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on the Mechanical Response of Composites (COMPOSITES), Eindhoven, Netherlands
van den Broek, Sander (2016): - Modal Interaction and Mode Switching in Post-buckling Analysis of Plates Using a Multi-mode Finite Element Based Reduced Order Model, Eingereicht / Book of Abstracts: 19th International Conference on Composite Structures, Porto, Portugal
- Since 2016: Research associate at the Institute of Structural Analysis
- (Leibniz Universität Hannover)
- 2014 – 2016: R&D Engineer at Allseas Engineering B.V.
- 2010 – 2013: Master’s degree Mechanical Engineering at Delft university of technology (with distinction), thesis title:
“Towards High Fidelity Aeroelastic analysis of Wind Turbines: Coupling and Verification”
- 2008 – 2010: Design Engineer at Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift Europe B.V.
- 2006 – 2010: Bachelor’s degree “Engineering, Design and Innovation” at the Hogeschool van Amsterdam, thesis title
“Heightening the seating position of an IC forklift truck”